Get a head start in the hospo industry with an education from the best
Our hospitality internships in Australia give the chance to learn from some of the best in Australia’s tourism industry, with more than 100 years of experience between key Senior Manager’s.
You’ll participate in a formalised hospitality internship program that will develop your accommodation management skills.
This internship program aims to identify the next generation of top talent, with the best performers invited to join our paid Trainee General Management program, where you’ll be on the pathway to becoming a superstar General Manager and placed in a property of your own to manage in the future.
Who are we?
We’re the people that create extraordinary adventure travel experiences for youth travellers from all around the World visiting Australia and New Zealand.
With multiple brands across all aspects of youth travel, we are one of the fastest growing tourism companies in Australia. Our offerings include accommodation, bars and restaurants, 4wd tours, dive shops, surf schools and more
Base & Base Backpackers are on the lookout for superstar interns to join the crew and deliver our guests the ultimate action-packed adventure holiday.
There may be an opportunity for your internship to be based in New Zealand
Who are you?
You LOVE all things travel whether you’re an experienced traveller with time well spent on the road or whether you dream of that day you pack your backpack and live the nomadic life, your passion for travel shines.
You’re energetic but focused on delivering above and beyond.You are fun and outgoing, willing to give anything a go and give it your best.
You’re studying or have competed tertiary education at a University, College, TAFE or equivalent in one of the fields listed below: Tourism & Hospitality, Business Administrating, Commerce, Marketing, Advertising, Finance, Accounting, Management, Arts, Education.
What are the opportunities?
Gain knowledge and understanding across the full marketing mix as we develop brand experiences and marketing plans for more than 40 business located in 28 locations around Australia and in New Zealand.
Some of the key performance area include:
- Customer service – Deliver exceptional customer service and customer service training to the crew
- Reservation systems – learn how to use the reservation and guest management systems
- Front desk management – learn opening and closing procedures, gain skills in generating nightly reports and banking procedures.
- Financial management – gain knowledge and skills in managing budgets, P&L analysis, cost control and month end reporting production.
- Food & beverage – gain knowledge in managing COGS and profit margins to drive revenue, while gaining skills and understanding in bar operations, promotions and crowd management.
- Digital marketing
- Creative design
- Content marketing
- Social media
- Data analytics