From the world's largest sand island, to the most venomous animal on the planet - here's our Top 20 unique Aussie experiences that you really should do when you're here...
1. Walk around the world's largest single rock, Uluru
2. Swim in one of the 7 Wonders of the World, the Great Barrier Reef
3. Get a selfie with a Kangaroo
4. Learn how to make a Goon hat
5. Visit the world's oldest living organism – the Stromatolites
6. Visit one of the 10,685 Beaches!
7. Visit the most isolated city in the world - Perth
8. Say hello to the world's most poisonous animal - the Box Jellyfish
9. Drive a 4WD on the world's largest sand island - Fraser Island!
Day 89 - We have booked onto a 3 day "Tag Along" tour of Fraser Island, the largest sand island in the world! We are in a group with 32 others and one guide. There is a convoy of four 4x4 vehicles to help us get around the island for the next few days, with each car only having 4 drivers who are legally allowed (a rare benefit of being over 21 ). As the island is predominantly sand based it is impossible to drive anything other than a 4x4 vehicle. I took the wheels first up getting us onto the island before driving along the beach to where we are staying for the next couple of nights. We stopped off at Lake Mackenzie, a huge freshwater lake in the middle of the island. After waiting for 2 others to drive, Jade finally managed to have a go, and it turned out to be the most difficult and longest drive of the day. Driving over sand is pretty difficult especially over the really soft parts whilst also driving up and down steep hills and Jade was already a pro. For the evening we managed to grab some (warm) beers from one of the only shops on the island. After much digging we managed to find an Eski (cool box) to chill them, so a big group of us headed to the beach, sharing stories under the stars. A great first day on Fraser. . . . . . #fraserisland #nomadsfraserisland #4x4 #offroad #offroading #travelgram #instatravel #iphoneography #iphonephotography #travellingaustralia #oztravel #australiatravel #ultimateoz #ozadventure #starttheadventure #gadventures #lpfanphoto #backpackers #backpackingaustralia #wanderlust #honeymoon #travelcouple #travelshirts #shirtsabroad
10. Learn to play the Didgeridoo
11. Eat Australia's national emblem - the Emu
12. Wear Thongs in public - in most parts of the world the wearing of "a thong" would only be welcomed beneath the clothing!
13. Visit the "Big Bogan"
14. Visit the world's oldest living Crocodile "Cassius"
15. Thought we had loads of beaches? Choose from 8,222 Islands to visit!
Paradise #ladymusgraveisland #beach #australia #oz #travel #travelstagram #traveling #travelphotography #traveller #travelling #traveler #trip #travelph #instatraveling #instatravel #instatravelling #reisen #travelphotography #traveler #여행 #여행스타그램 #여행에미치다 #여행자 #여행사진 #레이디머스그레이브섬 #호주스타그램 #호주 #호주여행 #바다
16. Get friendly with the locals
17. Swim with Whale Sharks in Ningaloo Reef
About a year ago, I met an Australian couple in Queenstown who told me Ningaloo Reef had some of the best diving in the world. Big plus: they also have whale sharks. So when I found out I could earn my second year visa in Exmouth, I booked a one way flight. This week, I got to swim with about 10 whale sharks (which actually aren't whales or sharks, but fish). Today, I'm thankful for that random Aussie couple and for my adopted Exmouth family. Shout out to @masonkoontz for the rad shot! #experienceozexpert
18. Attend the world's largest muster of Utes
19. Watch an AFL Game in Melbourne
20. Ride a Camel in the Outback