Sydney has to be expensive right? Well, there are expensive things to do, and some not so expensive stuff too, however everyone likes FREE things don't they? Here's some great tips for you to see Sydney for free! Make sure you also check out our guides of free stuff to do in Brisbane or Melbourne!
- Free City Walking Tour. Departs daily at 10:30AM & 2:30PM from Sydney Town Hall. No need to book, just show up and look for your guide in a bright green T – Shirt. You will get to see the Sydney Opera House, Darling Harbour, Sydney Harbour Bridge, Circular Quay, Sydney Tower, The Rocks, St Marys Cathedral, Pitt St Mall & more
- Free 555 Bus. Feeling Lazy? There is a free 555 shuttle bus that will take you throughout the city centre from Central Station, Circular Quay, George St & Elizabeth St
- Fireworks Display. Head down to Darling Harbour on a Saturday night and catch the free fireworks display
- Darling Harbour. Located just a 2 minute walk from Base, Darling Harbour always has loads going on with Cafes, Restaurants, IMAX Theatre & a shopping mall. The harbour side is a great place to sit, snap up some photos and take it all in. If you take a walk by the Aquarium you will arrive at the Wildlife Centre – here you can see Koalas!
- Markets. Every weekend you can find funky little markets in the city’s suburbs: Glebe Market, The Rocks Market & Paddington Market are our favourites
- Bondi Beach to Coogee Walk. Follow the coastal walk from Bondi Beach to Coogee Beach – great photos and absolutely stunning views
- Art Gallery of NSW. Free exhibitions and art displays. If you visit on a Wednesday evening they will also show case free films
- Royal Botanic Gardens. With views of the Sydney Harbour Bridge, Rose Gardens and endless parks and trees – this is a great place to chill for the afternoon on a sunny day
- Museum of Contemporary Arts (MCA) has free entry and is located at The Rocks. Here you will find all types of contemporary art exhibitions: sculpture, digital, painting & more
- Free Wi – Fi Hot Spots: Circular Quay, Public Libraries & McDonalds Restaurants
We also have guides for how to explore Melbourne or Brisbane Free!
There are also some great FREE or Cheap Events in Australia. Check out our Guide to Australia's Best here.
Need accommodation? Stay at Base!