Wanaka, New Zealand
Reservations - FREE call
1800 24 BASE (2273) in AU
0800 BASE NZ (2273 69) in NZ
Address: 73 Brownston Street, Wanaka - New Zealand
Phone: +64 3 443 4291
>> Walk through the hostel <<
LAKE WANAKA, New Zealand (February 9, 2012) – The picturesque resort town of Lake Wanaka in New Zealand’s Southern Alps has been named as one of the top 25 ski towns in the world by the prestigious National Geographic Magazine.
Following the Base tradition this is a one stop hostel in the centre of beautiful Wanaka only minutes walk from what can only be rated as one of the most beautiful lake and mountain views in the world.
With two floors of accommodation, Base Wanaka is setting a new standard in budget and luxury backpacker accommodation. You can enjoy your dinner on our second floor guest kitchen balcony while watching the sunset - which is second to none!
Base Wanaka has an excellent, central location; just a few minutes walk to shops, cafés and local stores. Superior facilities, fun communal areas and friendly local staff make this the perfect place to stay.
Our staff are young, helpful and friendly, as well as knowledgeable on what to do in and around Wanaka.
Mint Bar and Café is open from 5pm offering excellent service and value priced high quality meals.
• Fully made up beds with hotel quality linen rooms
• Under bed lockers in multi-share rooms
• Private rooms with LCD TV's and en-suite bathrooms
• Sanctuary - Female only rooms
• Central heating
• Laundry, drying room during ski season.
• Fully equipped kitchen with balcony
• State of the art TV room with free DVD hire
• Global Gossip internet café with wireless capabilities
• Base Travel desk for expert advice and exclusive deals
• 24 hour Reception
• Mint Bar and café located on-site