Queenstown is one of the most photogenic places in the world, there is no doubt about that! But there is more to Queenstown than just a pretty face. The adventure and party capital of New Zealand has a little something for everyone, including the ultimate chill out, lake side locations and any crazy, adrenalin fuelled activity you could think of! Many of our guests that pass through our doors at Base Queenstown ask us the same old question "where are you from and how long have you been in Queenstown?" The answer tends to be same... "we arrived with the intentions of just staying for a week. It has now been a few months (or years) and I just never left." It's safe to say that everybody passes through the mountainous beauty of Queenstown falls in love at first sight. Here are 18 reasons why...
1. Because when you arrive you get views like this
Scary but stunning!
2. Fergburger. Enough said
3. It is the ultimate place to test your fears
4. And jump off a bridge
5. There are 52 Bars
6. And Bar Crawls every night of the week
8. There is a Haunted House
9. And you can shoot zombies in 6D
10. There are too many Jet Boat rides to choose from
11. In Queenstown it's not crazy to Surf white water rapids
12. Queenstown gives a new meaning to “The Chair”
13. You can jump off a mountain peak like a bird
14. And pretend to be Tarzan
15. Frisbee Golf
16. Winter = Snowboarding. Summer = Mountain Biking
18. And once again... the view!
Main image: Queenstown's beautiful scenery seen from the Skyline is a sight to behold with views of Lake Wakatipu and the Remarkables mountain range. CREDIT: Destination Queenstown