Here at Base we love Australia (no surprises there)! This week as we began our regular scroll through Instagram, we asked ourselves the question "I wonder which Australian City is the most 'Instagrammed'?" Curious... we decided to find out! Here are the results...
1. Sydney takes in the top spot and has been Instagrammed 22.6 million times!
2. Melbourne comes in at a close second with 22 million Instagram snaps...
3. Australia's sunny capital Brisbane at number 3, rolling into Instagram 7.1 million times.
4. Perth! Who would have guessed it? The world's most isolated city has been Instagrammed 6.5 million times
5. Adelaide at number 5, playing a starring role in 3.8 million Instagram photos
Brrrrrr! It’s hard to get out of bed on these chilly #autumn mornings, isn’t it? Alas, those who rise early will always find a little gold in the #fog, as @didi_photos discovered last week in @visitadelaidehills... After a steaming cup of coffee and a delicious cooked breakfast he took a short stroll from @mountloftyhouse before walking straight into an oil painting! Right now, there’s dewy fields and wooded wonderlands at every fork in the road, and a lazy country drive will soon have you gorging on a treasure-trove of food and drink at the stunning @thelanevineyard in @hahndorf_southaustralia. Soaking in their very best wines with 360-degree views and some of the chef’s finest creations, you’ll also have time to kick back, quaff Coffin Bay oysters and Chardonnay while pondering which fireplace to park your boots at next… Click the link in our bio for our toastiest spots in town... [Location: just a 2hr flight from Sydney to #Adelaide in #SouthAustralia – then a 30 minute drive to #VisitAdelaideHills ] #AdelaideHills #SeeAustralia #Australia
6. Canberra. Australia must be the only country in the world that has a Capital City coming in at 6th and Instagrammed 1.75 million times!
7. Number 7 is Cairns - infamous backpacker haunt in Northern Queensland - with 1.4 million Instagram snaps
8. Number 8 is Darwin - Australia's most northern city - with 1 million Instagram snaps (although to be fair some of those hashtags may be for Charles Darwin!
Mindil Beach beautiful as always! Thursday and Sunday night markets are the best. Lots of people last night! Beautiful beach, great food and awesome music . . . . #mindilbeach #mindilmarkets #markets #darwin #darwinbeach #beach #beachlife #sunset #sunsetmarket #beachmarket #ocean #darwinaustralia #northernterritory #australia #dothent #nt #northernterritoryaustralia #australia #sandybeach #whitebeach #whitebeaches