The Whitsundays, Fraser Island, the Great Barrier Reef... these are just 3 of the many reasons why the east coast of Australia continues to beckon and inspire travellers from across the globe.
Not only is the East Coast of Australia absolute paradise, but there is a little bit of something for every kind of traveller: beaches, islands, reef, rainforest, national parks, natural swimming holes, wildlife and of course, parties! In fact did you know that there are 8,222 islands surrounding Australia? That is HUGE! We could list at LEAST 500 amazing things to do in Australia, but here are just 15 of our favourite places on the east coast. Warning: may cause severe wanderlust!
1. Sail the Whitsunday Islands
2. Explore Byron Bay's surrounding beaches
3. Drive a 4WD & Drink Goon on Fraser Island
4. Visit the remaining 8 of the Twelve Apostles on the Great Ocean Road
6. Skydive in Mission Beach and drumroll... land on the beach!
7. As soon as you arrive in Sydney decide that you are going to move to Australia FOREVER... oh and the Bondi to Coogee Walk is pretty good too!
8. Spend the day on St Kilda Beach
9. Stumble upon secluded places in Noosa National Park
10. Snorkel or Scuba Dive in the world's largest living organism, the Great Barrier Reef
11. Swing by Cape Tribulation, where the Rainforest meets the Reef
12. Hit up a surf lesson!
13. Take a free ferry around Brisbane City
14. Explore the UNESCO World Heritage Listed Blue Mountains
15. And of course, meet the locals...